This week’s focus is really fun! We are going to think of a project that helps someone else in our home! Part of Loving our Homes more is creating a good feeling in our homes. Showing kindness and thoughtfulness by example. Love will be felt this week, and that is a pretty good feeling.
If you live alone, think about how you can make your home more welcoming and a better experience for your guests. Maybe this week will inspire you to invite a friend over and do something kind for them.
Weekly Assignment Options
What a fun week to focus on someone else and make their lives and their spaces a little brighter this week! There are so many possibilities, way more than I have listed here, so just go where your heart leads this week.
Remember: Complete projects one at a time and complete one before moving on to another.
- Check the bedding & linen for others in the home. Is it still their style? Is it comfortable for them?
- How about the decor on the walls or surface areas in other people’s rooms? Is that still working for them?
- Pick a project in your spouse’s office or personal area at home. Help them organize their desktop or shelves with some nice looking organizers, add artwork, or solve a problem in the room.
- Carefully select an inspiring artwork with a personal message or meaning just for someone else in your home and display it in a place that they can see regularly. Talk to them about the artwork to make sure they know it is for them!
- Think about someone else’s daily routines. Is there something you could do to the home that would make it easier for them or brighten their mood during their daily routine?
- Focus on the guest bedroom – declutter it and make it welcoming.
What I’ll Be Doing
This week I’ll be setting up a homework station for my girls that doubles as a coloring station for my preschooler.
My inspiration is actually something I did a really long time ago… I’m going to bring it back, but in an updated and improved way! It will be the same basket, though. That basket has served many purposes since this April 2012 Blog Post (what a throw back!)
There is a great spot for it in the new house.
Here is the picture in the last house when I did something similar:
Your Turn To Decide
There are so many options when it comes to helping do something for another person in our homes. Please share what you decide to do!